Monday, September 17, 2012

I will never let you fall

He feels so alone. The noises won't stop. Chaos abounds. He removes himself from the world, sits, and waits patiently for that one brief moment of peace and clarity. Beauty surrounds him but he struggles to enjoy it.

His thoughts return to the one he cannot forget. He's been here before. He knows this place. Familiarity breeds sadness and gives birth to a solitary tear. A chill sets in yet he does not move for he's still listening, convinced answers will come if he just waits long enough. He closes his eyes, bows his head, and cries, "Father, hear my groans. Press your ear to my heart. I am weary. I cannot do this alone. Refresh my spirit. Let your strength flow through me."

And then he hears it, as if the Creator Himself were speaking. "I will never let you fall. I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there with you through it all."

Distant bells ring as if they are celebrating this moment of clarity. He knows his purpose and he is not alone. Joyfulness is realized. One last tear falls from his eye as his mouth curves upward into a smile. He has found his peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment