Monday, June 18, 2012

Cantina Doodle

I hid it away to always remember: The excitement and anticipation of our first roadtrip. A quick detour for a breakfast sandwich. Coffee. Egg... Dense fog. A letter to never be sent. Cauldron of anger. Conditional love. Then unbelievable beauty in a blue dress. Silly glasses and a humorous apron. Books with ridiculous phrases about love. Enchiladas and daiquiris at the Cantina.

An innocent doodle with a black crayon.

It makes an appearance occasionally. David <3 G.

I miss that girl in the blue dress. I miss an unlimited future with Ojos Verdes. I miss her two beautiful boys. Cars rolled across the kitchen floor. A plastic Transformers ring. Aquaman. Missing shoes. The sound of the aquarium in the night. Chicken nuggets, sliced apples, cheese sticks, grapes, and watered down apple juice. Joe-joes... I miss her smile. Her smell. The warmth of her embrace two steps from the bottom of the stairs. I even miss the crisp pre-sunrise morning air as I walk to my car after 3 hours of sleep. I miss our deep conversations. Her amazing soul. I miss my pretty pretty pretty princess.

Come find me baby. Let's finish what we started.

No comments:

Post a Comment