Saturday, June 23, 2012

Magnetic

You texted me out of the blue. It was about something inconsequential. I was in the middle of dinner and having a conversation about our pretty waitress. I don't remember the rest of my meal because after your text my mind and heart focused on you. I don't think you can hear me. But your timing is curious.

I'm laying in bed at 11:00 on Saturday morning. It's been at least half a year since we've had any meaningful contact. Yet still my heart waits for you. I cannot seem to control it. I'm not stupid. I know I'll probably never get a chance to see our dreams lived out. I continue to seek God's direction for me. But through it all not one thing has changed. I long to be with you every day. Not a day goes by where I don't wonder what you're up to and how the kids are doing. We must be polar opposites because no matter where I am or what I'm doing, my heart pulls me back to you. It's a magnetic force that I'm thus far unable to overcome.

I don't understand why this is still going on. The pain from my failed marriage didn't even last this long. There are reminders of you everywhere but I don't need them because you're never far from my mind.

I need you to come find me. Walk with me. The path we travel will lead one of two directions. I need to know which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment