Monday, June 25, 2012

Drowning without water

Here's a song about being lonely. I write it all down to remember. Someday this will pass. Someday it will be a memory.

I can't go more than a few hours without crying for relief. It's a suffocating feeling; Drowning without water.

I could write about love past. Something that didn't last. I could tell you all about that girl with the green eyes. About her subtle strength. About her obvious beauty. I gave her a part of myself. I don't know if I'll ever get it back.

I could write about love yet to come. I will never take it for granted. I will never fight about inconsequential things. I will never be selfish. I will never be stubborn. I will never have to apologize because I will never betray my love. I will always love her like Christ loves His church. I will be flawless.

I could write about this moment. Reclining with the girl that's been with me my entire adult life: my faithful dog Lily. She knows when something's wrong. She comes over to comfort me when I hurt. She's happy just to be in the same room as me. But she can't ask me about my day. She can't give me a hug and make it all better. She can't be my love.

To the one I've yet to meet. Or the one I've yet to realize. Or the one who has yet to find me. I promise to give you fully of myself. I will hold nothing back. My heart is my gift to you. It comes to you in used condition. There are a few scars and footprints that have rendered it bigger and stronger. To you my princess, I promise to give you my life. I promise to seek Christ with you forever and always.

I know you're out there. Don't give up looking for me. I'm out there too. We will find each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment